Here are a some resources that may aid you in your career research.
- Lost Boys VFX Blog – A VFX-based knowledge repository for demos, breakdowns and job information.
- Lost Boys | School of VFX Facebook Page – A more casual look at the Lost Boys experience. Follow us for behind the scenes photos and updates!
- fxguide – As with VFX Talk, this is a great site for VFX specific content. Excellent articles as well as detailed looks at new techniques.
- CG Society – Covers everything related to computer graphics. Not as focused as VFX Talk, but still a massive resource due to its huge membership.
- VFX World – Excellent articles about recent VFX films and tools.
Vancouver VFX Studios
Vancouver is a world capital for VFX Production. Many factors including a large talent pool, high quality of living standards, film production tax credits, and close proximity/shared time zone with Hollywood have contributed to an unprecedented rate of growth for our VFX Community. Vancouver’s VFX Industry now employs thousands of talented artists and continues to grow daily.
We encourage you to reach out and explore the range of diverse working environments available to VFX Artists. Perhaps you may even get a little career guidance if they aren’t too busy to respond to your questions!
Anthem Visual Effects
Hydraulx Visual Effects
Industrial Light and Magic (ILM)
Rythm & Hues – Vancouver
Sony Pictures Imageworks
The Embassy VFX
The Odyssey VFX