How to Apply
1. Complete the Application Form.
Complete the Application Form ONLINE
2. Submit the following items:
- PROOF OF GRADUATION OR AGE. Proof that you have graduated from high school (photocopy of high school transcript) OR are 19 years of age (scan or photocopy of birth certificate, passport, drivers license or college transcript). If you are under 19 you need consent of your parent or legal guardian.
- $100 APPLICATION and ASSESSMENT FEE. This non-refundable fee can be paid by cash, cheque, Visa, Mastercard or Paypal. Instructions for payment are on the Application Form.
- RECOMMENDATION LETTER. This letter can be a work reference from an employer or a reference letter from a teacher or instructor, or it can be a character reference from someone you know.
- PERSONAL STATEMENT. A personal statement describing your interests, influences, career goals, why you would like to learn with us and anything else about you that you would like us to know.
- ENGLISH. After January 2014 score will be IELTS or CELPIP Score of 7 ( an equivalent CLB score of 7 )Please e-mail for inquiries.
- PORTFOLIO. Your portfolio should be 8 – 10 (6 – 8 for FX TD) pieces of your work in any medium, and can include drawing, life drawing, comic or graphic design, photography, painting, sculpture, graphic or website design and any 2D or 3D computer imagery. Please do not submit original work; photocopies or prints are preferred and will not be returned. Digital media should be supplied on CD or DVD. Email of images and documents (not large movies please) or a link to your website or an online portfolio is encouraged.
- EXPERIENCE. Experience with common computer operations and operating systems. * Previous experience in Photoshop, Maya, Nuke or Python are useful but not required.
3. How to Apply
All application items can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to email images or send a link to your website or to your Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, YouTube, Vimeo, etc. page.
4. Review Process
Applicants will be considered based on a combination of artistic & career potential (indicated by portfolio, previous education and or work experience) and personal attributes and motivation (indicated by personal statement and recommendation letter) in conjunction with the order in which the application was received.
- If the student fails to meet the minimum admission requirements, neither the institution nor the student can waive the requirements.
- Students are required to be 19 years of age or older and/or have graduated from Grade 12 or equivalent. If the applicant is under 19 years old, a parent or legal guardian must co-sign the Enrollment Agreement and any other related financing documents.
- By accepting the student’s Enrollment Agreement, Lost Boys Studios | School of Visual Effects does not warrant or represent that the student is suitable for the course, will successfully complete the course or will find employment upon completion of the course. The student understands that, as with any college, Lost Boys Studios | School of Visual Effects does not promise to find the student a job.